Being a Christian wife is a high calling, and I often struggle in this area.
I whole heartily want to be a Christian wife that will compliment my dear husband.
Often my husband gets the last bit of my energy each day.
I often have my priorities out of order.
I have been gleaning the Godly wisdom published by Doorpost, As Unto the Lord, spiral-bound book for the last six months.
As Unto the Lord will assist you in the following areas:
- Identify areas of sin and negligence
- Memorize Scripture as a defense against the temptations unique to wives
- Pray for God’s guidance and changing power in your life
As Unto the Lord includes:
- A short set of questions and relevant Scripture passages for daily review. These are designed to help wives prayerfully examine their attitudes and actions in the light of God’s Word.
- An in-depth, expanded series of almost 200 questions, each followed by Scripture which explains what God commands of us as wives. These are patterned after The Westminster Larger Catechism’s teaching on the Fifth Commandment and are ideal for personal study when you know you’re straying from God’s design for wives; for study with daughters as they learn to submit to parents and prepare to submit to their future husbands; as a group study with other wives; as counseling material or a helpful gift for a discouraged or rebellious wife.
- Suggested Bible study projects and helpful forms to aid a woman in a serious study of God’s calling for her life.
How it Works for Me
As I mentioned before, I am sinner saved by His grace alone and struggle at times with my role as a Christian wife.
I found As Unto the Lord an eye opener book. I considered it more of a manual than a book. My favorite part of the book is the Daily Checklist.
Each evening, I go over the list and make note of the areas I need repenting. I immediately turn to the recommended pages that include scripture references to help me in my calling as a Christian wife.
Next, I pray for the Lord’s forgiveness and then I must ask my dear husband for his forgiveness.
I mark the scripture references in the book with a sticky note, so I can mediate on them during my early morning devotion time.
I still have a lot of improvement in this area, but As Unto the Lord holds me accountable. It has been a very helpful tool for me. I would love to complete this book as a bible study with other women striving to be a Christian wife.
I am anxious to implement this book with my only daughter when she is the appropriate age. I believe every mother should introduce this helpful tool to their daughters. Being a Christian wife according to biblical terms is not the norm today. Society calls wives who diligently strive to be helpmeets to their husbands weak.
May we train our daughter otherwise, my sisters!
You can purchase As Unto the Lord on Doorposts website for 18.00 as a hard copy or it now comes in eBook form.
This is a tool that you will use for the rest of your marriage.
Doorposts would love to give (2) of my readers who longs to be a Christian wife their own hard copy or eBook of As Unto the Lord. I will pick a random winner on February 15th at 12a. Winners will be contacted via email and must respond within 48 hours or another winner will be chosen.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
I received a copy of this book in exchange for my honest opinion. No other compensation was given.