This is a sponsored post. All opionion are my own. Read my full disclosure.
Growing up I thought history was boring. Who cares what happened a gazillion years ago?
Even back then, I thought memorizing a timeline was pointless.
Today I have the same opinion regarding memorizing a timeline of events as I did when I was 12. It’s pointless unless you know why the event was significant and how it led up to the historical events today.
After studying history from a Christian perspective, I have a new love in life.
Without studying history form a Christian perspective, it’s impossible to see the big picture.
I share What Your Child Needs to Know About American History in this short video
Nuts and Bolts of Dave Raymond’s American History Curriculum
My older children and I have been mesmorized in the Dave Raymond’s American History Curriculum by Compass Classroom for the last 4 weeks. It’s absolutely fascinating and really goes into depth about how history is really about HIStory and not men’s efforts. God had a hand in American and still does.
- Comprehensive United States history program that includes character, events, theology, literature, art, and religious belief of the nation.
- A year-long history curriculum geared for ages 12 and up.
- Available as DVD or download.
- All lessons include a teacher and student reader making it very easy to prepare.
How Dave Raymond’s American History Curriculum Part 1 Works Each Day
- Each day my children watch the 10 minute lecture type video. My 9 year old loves to view the lessons too. He’s a history buff.
- My children are encouraged to take notes during the lecture. This is an important aspect of Dave Raymond’s teaching style.
- The children are assigned readings from a primary source each day and they read independently after lecture.
- Children are to turn in their given assignment the following day at class time while we discuss.
- I have assigned and discussed the semester suggested projects that are due at the end of the semester .
What We Love About Dave Raymond’s American History Curriculum Part 1
- All lessons stress God’s providence and redempton and not on men’s efforts.
- A year long notebook and other projects are suggested making the knowledge their own.
- Note taking is stressed and is excellent practice for the college years.
- All Lessons concentrate more on historical figures characters and how they have impacted the nation rather than memorizing dull facts.
- Dave Raymond’s passion for history really rubs off on the children.
Dave Raymond’s American History is a compliment to my older children’s education. It’s taught from a Christian perspective that makes the children think instead of filling their minds with confusing facts. It’s comprehensive and doesn’t require any supplemental material.
Win Dave Raymond’s American History Curriculum
Compass Classroom is giving away (1) Dave Raymond’s American History Curriculum Part 1 . It is retailed at 60.00. I will be picking a random winner on May16th at 12 AM. All entries will be verified. Winners will be contacted via email and must respond within 48 hours or another winner will be chosen.
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook. You understand that you are providing your information to the owner of this Facebook page and not to Facebook.