Biting into a hot chicken enchilada is heaven around our neck of the woods.
So, I decided to come up with something in my beloved crock pot that resembled the Mexican dish.
And here’s the concoction that was a HUGE hit with my large family of eight!
You can freeze your leftovers or cut the recipe in half. If you freeze, just stick it back in the crock pot to heat it up with a little water and you have another meal.
How to Make Easy Crock Pot Chicken Enchilada Bowl
- 3 lb bag of frozen chicken
- 2 cans of cream of mushroom soup
- 1 can of enchilada sauce
- 1 taco seasoning
- 1 – 2 cups of water
- brown rice (Minute Rice)
- shredded cheddar cheese
- salsa (optional)
- sour cream (optional)
- Place frozen chicken in bottom of crock pot
- Pour soup,enchilada sauce,and taco seasoning on top of chicken
- Cook on low for 6-7 hours or on high for 4 hours
- Shred chicken( I use a potato masher)
- Throw in a half of box of uncooked minute rice
- Add a cup of water to the mix and stir
- Let cook for 30 minutes or until your rice is cooked
- Serve with a dollop of sour cream, shredded cheese, and salsa
- *You can use cooked rice and omit the water instead of the minute
If your crew loves chicken enchiladas, this easy crock pot recipe will be a hit!