Each holiday season my family and I gather together. We celebrate the holiday and the fact that we are all together again. It is a blessing to have everyone under one roof.
We share stories of the past, you know the ones! The same ones that get told each and every year.
We laugh together, we sing together, and most of all we have wonderful fellowship together. These times are bitter sweet as we remember the loved ones that are no longer with us and spend time together with those that are.
At the center of each of our gatherings is food! Normally there are 2 meals that we should attend on any given holiday. We go to my moms house for one meal with her, her sisters, and my grandparents. Then we go to my husbands parents and share a meal with his extended family as well.
It is busy but wonderful.
One of my families favorite dishes for these gatherings is my aunt Nikki’s broccoli casserole. Sounds odd, right? Once you have a bite of this casserole you will understand why this is a staple at any of the gatherings we attend.
Please note, there is nothing low fat, low carb, low anything about this recipe! It is full on yummy!!
This broccoli and cheese casserole is one that my aunt put together nearly 10 years ago and still serves at each of the gatherings on my side of the family. Each year it is requested that I make it to take to my husband’s family meals. It is full of cheese, super creamy, and very rich. The topping is crunchy and gives it another layer of texture. Try this at your families next get together and see if it is as big of a hit for you as it is for us!
Aunt Nikki’s Broccoli and Cheese Casserole
- 1 lb bag frozen broccoli
- 26 oz Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 8 oz Velveeta Cheese – cubed
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 block cream cheese – cubed
- 2 C cheese crackers crushed
- Preheat oven to 375. Coat 9×13 casserole dish with butter
- Boil broccoli until tender. Usually about 30 mins. ?Drain.
- Put broccoli back in same pot and add in soup, velveeta cheese, shredded cheese (reserve some for topping), cream cheese, and cheese crackers (reserve some for topping)
- Stir together until well mixed.
- Pour into casserole dish and top with crackers and shredded cheese.
- Bake for 30 mins or until golden and bubbly.
- Let rest for 10 minutes and then serve.
This post was shared by Stephanie over at Multi-Taskin’ Mom.
Check out more tips on Keeping Christ in Christmas that will bless your family.