I’ve been experimenting lately with using essential oils in my beauty routine.
I don’t like all the chemicals in commercial beauty products. I went back to basics. I typically use coconut oil and some essential oils after my morning cleansing.
I want something with a little more moisture and nourishment for bedtime when my body rests and repairs itself.
My favorite recipe for Bedtime Beauty Oil:
- 1 oz. Sweet Almond Oil (hydrates, brightens, reduces fine lines and wrinkles. Use another oil if you’re allergic to tree nuts!)
- 3 Tsp. Vitamin E Oil (nourishes – antioxidant that protects and repairs your skin)
- 3 Tsp. Castor Oil (moisturizes and stimulates lash growth. reduces puffiness and wrinkles and scars.)
- 5-7 drops Frankincense essential oil
- 3 drops Lemon essential oil
- 3-5 drops Lavender essential oil
- 1 Evening Primrose Oil capsule (hydrates the skin and increases circulation. also reduces inflammation and clears pores.)
Mix the ingredients together. Puncture the Evening Primrose Oil capsule and squirt it in. Store it in a dark glass bottle with a dropper. Apply every night all over your face (especially eyelids!), neck, and décolleté before going to bed. It smells heavenly and nourishes the skin.
Here are some options for other combinations that suit your skin’s needs.
Experiment. Have fun. Smell great!
Take into consideration any nut or wheat (or other) allergies before choosing oils.
Pick a Carrier Oil (start with one):
- Carrier oils for Normal skin: Almond, Hazelnut, Apricot, Jojoba, Evening Primrose
- Carrier oils for Dry skin: Almond, Olive oil, Apricot, Soy bean, Avocado, Wheatgerm, Jojoba, Carrot, Evening Primrose
- Carrier oils for Oily skin: Almond, Hazelnut, Apricot, Grapeseed, Jojoba
- Carrier oil for Mature skin: Almond, Hazelnut, Apricot, Wheatgerm, Evening Primrose, Carrot, Rosehip, Pomegranate, Borage
Pick the best essential oils for your skin type and the scents you love (start with one or two):
- Essential oils for Normal skin: German Chamomile, Lemon, Geranium, Fennel, Lavender, Jasmine, Rose, Neroli, Frankincense, Carrot Seed
- Essential oils for Dry skin: German Chamomile, Lavender, Calendula, Sandalwood, Geranium, Patchouli, Rose, Rosemary, Neroli
- Essential oils for Oily skin: Cedarwood, Geranium, Clary Sage, Lavender, Ylang Ylang, Lemon, Peppermint, Frankincense, Patchouli, Sandalwood, Juniper, Grapefruit, Rosemary, Neroli
- Essential oils for Mature skin: Rose, Geranium, Myrrh, Patchouli, Lavender, Citrus, Frankincense, Neroli, Fennel, Clary Sage, Sage, Cypress, Sandalwood
What are your favorite essential oils?
Linking up: Super Mommy Club