Baked Potatoes in a crock pot is one of the simplest meals our family loves!
I prefer to bake the potatoes in the crock pot because I can scrub the potatoes the night before and pop them in the crock pot in the morning. The baked potatoes cook on low all day producing less heat than in the oven. We live in the south, so I use my crock pot almost daily in the summer.
Here’s how I bake the potatoes in a crock pot…
- Scrub the potatoes
- Poke several holes with a knife on both sides of the potato
- Spray crock pot with cooking spray ( I use olive oil spray)
- Spray the potatoes with cooking spray or with olive oil
- Heavily coat the potatoes with sea salt
- Place potatoes in crock pot
- Cook on low for 7-8 hours or 4-5 on high
We have a large family, so my crock pot is filled to the top with potatoes. Cooking time would need to be adjusted if using fewer potatoes.
Here’s some of our favorite crock pot recipes:
- Chicken and Dumplings
- Chicken in Enchilada Sauce
- Easy Italian Crock Pot Chicken
- Easy Chicken and Rice
- Meatball Crock Pot Stew
- Chicken Ranch Tacos
- BBQ Chicken Sandwiches
Next week, I will be sharing the different baked potato bar options. Here’s a peek of the one we had last night.
Baked potatoes in a crock pot served with a simple salad is the perfect economical meal to feed your crew.