Cinco de Mayo has always been a holiday that peaked my interest. I’m not sure if it’s the vibrant colors of red, green, yellow and purple, but it’s something I love celebrating.
Ok, maybe it’s the margarita thing. LOL!
I love to teach my children about different cultures and being a homeschool family makes it so much FUN and doable.
I complied a list of festive Cinco de Mayo resources that includes printables, ideas, and of course recipes. So grab a cup of tea and browse these links and plan a fun Cinco de Mayo day or week. Whatever floats your boat. Isn’t that one of the grandest perks of homeschooling?
Cinco de Mayo Printables and Resources
- Cinco de Mayo Preschool Pack with over 35 pages!
- Cinco De Mayo Calendar and more fun
- Festive Coloring Pages
- Learn the Mexican Culture with lots of dancing to celebrate
- So fun! Cinco de Mayo photo booth and free printables!
- Colourful Ojo de Dios craft idea – I used to love making these as a kid
- FREE Cinco de Mayo educational printables
- Make these cute somberos with plastic cups
- Make a maracas with spoons
- Flashcards in Spanish numbers
- Vocabulary Word Walls for Cinco de Mayo
- Adorable fingerprint Mexican flag craft
- Make these super cute tiny pinatas
- Making colorful flowers is a Cinco de Mayo tradition
- Creative Mexican Folk Art ideas
- Cinco de Mayo Math FREEbie book around the 1st grade level
- 20 Creative Ways to make a Pinata
- Cinco de Mayo wordsearch
- Who wouldn’t love playing Cinco de Mayo bingo?
Festive Recipes for Cinco De Mayo (and any time of year)
- Homemade Salsa – it’s so darn easy!
- Easy Mexican Casserole – feeds a crowd
- Easy Chili Rellenos Recipe
- Mexican Salsa Dip – I make this all the time!
- How to Make Tacos in the slow cooker!
- The BEST cilantro lime rice – oh my!
- Enchilada Chicken – so easy and it’s made in the beloved slow cooker
- Enchilada Chicken Rice Bowls – you can’t go wrong with this slow cooker recipe.
- Churros Recipe – A MUST have on Cinco de Mayo
- Pork Tamala Recipe – looks divine
- Mexican Relish – and it has my favorite herb, cilantro
- Super cute looking Taco Cups
- Slow Cooker Enchilada Casserole
- Mexican Black Beans – get out your slow cooker for this yummy recipe
- So EASY Mexican Roast in slow cooker
Don’t forget to stop by your local library and grab some books on Cinco de Mayo and Mexico to make this day as informative as possible!
Have FUN with all these FUN Cinco de Mayo resources, ideas, and recipe!