Watching the Oscars is always an anticipated family event in our home. We love to snuggle on the couch and eat junk food.
These FUN Oscars-Inspired Chocolates with Walnuts are so festive for the evening event. You can make them the night before and bring them to your place of work or for your children’s teachers.
Regardless, they will be a hit with everyone especially your family.
And not to mention that they are so darn adorable.
How to Make Oscars-Inspired Chocolates with Walnuts
Time: 2 hours
Yields: 11 Candies
- A Wilton Candy Melt Pot is recommended to heat candy melts. If you do not own a candy melt pot simply microwave candy melts at 50% for 30 seconds. Stir. Heat at 50% for 30 seconds. Stir. Heat at 50% in 15-second intervals and stir until completely smooth. Do not over heat.
2. Pour black candy melts into mold, filling each cavity only halfway. Place in freezer for 5 to 10 minutes.
3. Remove mold from freezer. Add crushed walnuts to each cavity.
4. Cover each cavity with black candy melts – fill to the top. Place in freezer for 10 to 15 minutes.
5. Remove mold from freezer. Gently pop candies from mold and onto a flat surface.
6. Break dark chocolate bar into small, angular pieces.
7. Drizzle a small amount of black candy melts onto the top of each candy. Stick a piece of dark chocolate bar on top. Sprinkle gold sugar sprinkles onto candy melt, allowing to stick and settle. Place in freezer for 10 minutes.
8. Remove from freezer and serve.
And that’s it. Pretty easy, huh?
Now go get busy and surprise your family and coworkers with these adorable Oscar-Inspired Chocolates with Walnuts.