My husband and I have been having a home date night for over 15 years now.
Living on a single income and feeding 6 children, doesn’t leave much spending money for babysitters.
Not to mention how much it would cost to pay a reliable babysitter for 6 children.
We try to have a home date night at least one night a week, of course, life gets busy and it doesn’t always happen.
However, I believe this one area that Satan tends to get the best of us. He is in the busineess of breaking up marriages, especially Christian marriages. And he is pretty good at it if you ask me… considering the divorce rate among Christians is at a high rate of 50%.
Please don’t let Satan win!
Make dating your soulmate a priority! Even if it is a home date!
25 Home Date Ideas
- Dress up your backyard and have a picnic
- Read a book or audio together
- Dinner alone – feed the children before he gets home. *we do this every Friday night
- Pick a TV show and watch it every week *we watch 48 hours every Sat night. I know we are weird!
- Make a special dessert
- Move the furniture and make a dance floor
- Watch a sport’s event on TV and serve stadium foods - nachos, hot dogs, popcorn
- Watch your first movie together and snuggle
- Eat Take Out on your fine china with candlelight
- Have a blanket picnic in front of a fire
- Give each other a massage – buy some special lotion and candle
- Play a board game – whoever loses has to put the kiddos to bed or wash the dishes the next night
- Puzzle – work on a jigsaw, crossword, or sudko together
- Fondue Night
- Go down Memory Lane and watch videos or look at old photos
- Watch an entire season of your favorite TV show
- Paris Night – baguette, French Wine, and cheese
- Do a Bible Study together
- Make chocolate covered strawberries
- Appetizer Night – make 3-4 new items
- Sit outside and watch for shooting stars
- Make Ice Cream Sundaes after the children go to bed
- Take a hot bubble bath together
- Surf the internet on a topic you both want to learn more about
- Light the bedroom with lots of candles and just talk
We are now blessed to have a teenagers to watch the little ones.
What is your favorite home date idea? We would love to hear your ideas!
Have you grabbed my FREE ebook, Instilling Biblical Character?