Apple cider Vinegar is one of nature’s jack of all trades. It’s a staple in our home. I purchase it by the gallon.
The 10 Ways to Use Apple Cider Vinegar
- General health. Apple cider vinegar is great for general health. it boosts energy, clears out toxins and even prevents mild allergic reactions. the potassium prevent can reduce muscle cramps and encourage healing.
- Clear skin. Apple cider vinegar can be used as a natural toner for healthy skin. Malic and lactic acids soften, exfoliate, and reduce red marks in the skin. THe antibacterial properties of apple cider vinegar kills bacteria that causes acne.
- Pest control. A Squirt of vinegar can slow and kill roaches. Most types of ants will not cross over vinegar making Apple cider Vinegar a great way to keep them outside.
- Digestive issues. Apple cider vinegar kills bacteria in the digestive tract with its antibiotic properties. it even kills the bacteria responsible for some ulcers. A teaspoon of apple cider vinegar in a glass of water can stop heartburn and indigestion.
- Treat a cough and sore throat. Apple cider vinegar and honey make a great cough syrup that kills bacteria in your throat helping it heal faster. Mix part water with 1 part apple cider vinegar, gargle every hour to kill an infection in the throat.
- Kill foot odor and cure athletes foot. Apple Cider Vinegar fights the bacteria that cause odor and the fungus that causes Athlete’s foot. Spray into shoes to make them smell fresh. Soak feet in diluted Apple Cider Vinegar then dry well daily to treat athlete’s foot.
- Heal sunburn and fade bruises. The anti inflammatory properties can heal damaged skin. Dab on with a cool wash cloth.
- Weight Loss. The acetic acid in apple cider vinegar reduces appetite, boosts metabolism, and reduces water retention. It is believed to disrupt the body’s digestion of starches reducing the number of calories taken in. Apple cider vinegar helps stabilize blood sugar which is good for diabetics and dieters alike.
- Stop hiccups. The sour taste of a spoon full of Apple cider vinegar can stop the muscles in your throat that trigger hiccups.
- Lower cholesterol. Several studies have found that daily intake of apple cider vinegar can lower bad cholesterol.
I admit, I prefer to buy organic apple vinegar, but it’s not absolutely necessary.
The best part of using apple cider vinegar is that it is very inexpensive, so it’s just something I always have in my pantry.
Have you tried any of these uses for apple cider vinegar before? If so, let us know how it works for you and your family.