As a parent, exploring and understanding our faith is still something that we are learning each and every day. Imagine being a child and trying to understand the concepts, thoughts, and conversations that revolve around religion and faith…it can be a bit overwhelming.
While it’s important for your child to learn about faith and the religion that is prominent in your home, it’s also just as important to make certain that you are teaching them in a way that they will understand. A great way is to read faith-based books with them to help them explore those thoughts, questions, and emotions. Looking for a few suggestions for great faith-based books to explore with your child? Here are a few to consider!
10 Faith-Based Books to Explore with Your Child
Little One, God Made You Special. A great read for you and your child to talk about how God made each and every one of us different and special.
- I Prayed For You. Looking for a book that explores the power and the beauty of prayer? This may be the book that you’ve been waiting for.
- The World is Awake: A Celebration of Everyday Blessings. Enjoy reading this beautiful book about the blessings of the world with your child.
- If I could Ask God Anything: Awesome Bible Answers for Curious Kids. A great read for a child who has curious questions to be able to dive deeper into their faith. It’s also a great refresher for adults as well!
- You’re Gods Girl!: A Devotional for Tweens. If you are looking for a great read for that tween in your life, this may be just what you’ve been waiting for. It’s engaging and well written, and sure to be a hit.
- My Little Golden Book About God. A wonderful way to introduce the concept of God to your young child. Beautifully written!
- If Jesus Lived Inside My Heart. Having conversations with younger children about Jesus may seem confusing to them when they are young, but this book does a great job about talking about and introducing Jesus in a way that they can understand.
- Grace for the Moment: 365 Devotions for Kids. With this book, you can spend time each and every day reading a daily devotion together with your child. A great way to communicate, bond, and explore the journey of faith together.
- The Beginner’s Bible: Timeless Children’s Stories. Super easy to read, engaging, and is a simple and effective way to introduce your child to the Bible and all the stories that are found within.
- FREE Children’s Sermon Notebook Page – Encourage your child to take sermon notes
- FREE Children’s Prayer Notebook Page – make a prayer journal for your kids
- 10 FREE Online Resources to Increase your Faith – wonderful resources to aid you in your journey
- The BOOK that needs to be on every child’s bookshelf – a MUST Read
- Teaching Hospitality to Children – free printable
Finding faith-based books to read together with your child isn’t overly difficult. There are a ton of great options out there that are available to read and enjoy with your little one each and every night. Try a few of the suggested books above or have fun finding and exploring titles on your own. As long as you are reading with your child, and exploring the journey of faith with them, you can’t go wrong!
What faith-based books have you read with your child?